In providing financial assistance to families in need, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) plays a crucial role. Parents and guardians receive child grants to ensure the well-being and development of their children. Staying informed about the current balance of your child grant is essential to maximizing this assistance.
How to Check SASSA Balance For Child Grant?
The following methods can be used to check the SASSA balance for a Child Grant:
1. Use the SASSA USSD service by dialing 1203210 from your mobile phone.
2. Check the balance of your SASSA Card: You can check the balance of your SASSA Card through SASSA.
3. Check your balance online by logging in to your SASSA account on the SASSA website
Note that steps and methods may vary, so the most accurate and up-to-date information is available on the SASSA website or by contacting SASSA directly.
You can request a SASSA Card balance enquiry on a Child Grant through the following methods
- SASSA cash pay-points are free;
- You can dial the USSD code *120*3737# from your registered phone number.
- Contact the Call Center at 0800 600 160 (toll-free from a landline);
- Free of charge at participating stores;
- ATMs charge normal bank fees; or
- Normal transaction costs apply at non-participating stores.
What is SASSA USSD Service Number to Check the Balance For a Child Support Grant?
The SASSA balance for a Child Support Grant can be checked by dialing any of the following numbers and following the prompts:
Depending on the circumstances, the specific USSD code may vary. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, please refer to the official SASSA website or contact SASSA directly.
Check the SASSA Grant Balance at the ATM
Another way of checking the SASSA grant balance is through the ATM service. Beneficiaries with a SASSA card will be able to check their balance at any ATM across South Africa. Here are some steps you can follow to do so.
- First of all, visit any ATM station nearest to you.
- Next, insert your card and wait for the loading process, as you do traditionally.
- After this, enter your security pin and press Okay.
- You will see a pop-up menu on the screen. From this, select the Account Balance.
- This will show how much credit is left on your SASSA card.
- You can also get the receipt for account balance, as it gives you a breakdown of everything from transaction details to account balance and history of payments.
- You can also opt to make transactions through the SASSA card by following the same steps.
- It will ask you to receive a receipt for the transaction. And you can choose No or Yes based on your availability.
A crucial aspect of managing your family’s finances is staying up-to-date on your SASSA child grant balance. You can choose between online and offline methods according to your preferences and needs. Making informed financial decisions for the well-being of your children is possible when you follow the steps outlined in this guide.
Can I check my child’s grant balance without an internet connection?
It is possible to check your balance without an internet connection by using the USSD code provided by SASSA.
Is the SASSA mobile app available for both Android and iOS devices?
Apps for Android and iOS are available for download from the SASSA website.
What should I do if I suspect unauthorized activity in my SASSA account?
Report any unauthorized activity immediately to SASSA’s customer support team.
Can I check the balance for multiple children’s grants in one SASSA account?
It is possible to link multiple child grants to your SASSA account and check their balances separately.
Is there a fee for using the USSD code to check my balance?
By using the USSD code, you can check your SASSA child grant balance for free.