The old Age social grant by SASSA, also known as the pensioner grant, is reserved for deserving senior citizens of South Africa with no other means to support their living. If you are a first-time beneficiary of this grant and do no know its payment date, here is a complete list of SASSA’s old-age grant payment dates. So, dive right in for more.
About the Old Age SASSA Grant
To get the old-age grant, the person should also not receive a pension from the state. The application assessment for this grant is done using the Means Test, designed by SASSA. The amount reserved for this grant varies from person to person, depending on their age.
For instance, the current payment for SASSA old age grant for people above 75 years is R2 100 per month, while it is R2 080 per month for people below 75 years of age. Do consider that this amount is subject to change, and SASSA revises this grant annually in October.
SASSA Old Age or Pensioner Grant Payments Dates
SASSA has announced the Old Age grant payment dates for the next nine months. Hence, beneficiaries can make a schedule for each month beforehand. Here is a breakdown of all the grant payments you need to record, as an old person receiving the grant money.
- August 2, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- October 4, 2023
- November 2, 2023
- December 1, 2023
- January 4, 2024
- February 5, 2024
- March 6, 2024
How to Check the SASSA Payment Date for Old Age Grant?
If you are unable to check what is the date for the old age grant payment, you can easily check it yourself. For this, just open your phone and dial 134569*47268#, and follow the examples. After this, you will receive a text message with the payment date for that month, so you can receive it directly using a preferred method.
How to Safely Receive SASSA Payment?
If you are an old person who easily gets intimidated by banks, payments, and technology, it is not something abnormal. It is definitely understandable, which is why you need to follow some simple tricks to make sure you receive the money safely, especially at ATM stations. Here are some of them.
- Always check your surroundings and make sure no other person is in close proximity to you.
- Beneficiaries are always advised to check their account balance regularly. This will prevent the person from becoming a victim of fraud. And in case you find a wrong amount or some sort of deductions, immediately report it to the SASSA service toll-free number.
- Make sure to collect your receipt from the bank after each transaction.
- If someone asks you to come to the ATM and close and finalize your transaction as it is opened, do not do this. Most of these attempts are scams, and the other person is trying to skim your SASSA card.
- Wait in front of the ATM machine until your transaction is complete. Check twice in case there is confusion.
- Make sure to hide your card as soon as the transaction is complete. Do this before you leave the ATM.
Contact SASSA for Queries
If you are still unable to figure out the process, here are some useful SASSA contact details.
- Toll-free Service Number: 0800 60 10 11
- SASSA Head Office: 012 400 2322
- Email Address for Grant Queries: [email protected]
- Official SASA Website: https://www.sassa.gov.za/
The old-age SASSA grant is applicable to anyone above the age of 60, not enrolled in any other grant program or scheme run by the government. And if you are a beneficiary, I hope this guide has been helpful in checking what the payment dates are for the next few months.