NGOs assist people in many countries with financial support, child-rearing, and other necessities. The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) provides assistance to those in need in South Africa.
A number of grants have been implemented by SASSA to help South Africans who are financially disabled. SASSA beneficiaries benefit from these grants, including those designed to help unemployed individuals, such as the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) R350. The SRD grant can be applied for online through several platforms.
This article explains how to cancel an application for the SRD R350 grant that has already been submitted.
How to Cancel Your SASSA SRD Grant Application?
Through various grants, including the R350 grant, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) provides financial assistance to eligible individuals. SASSA R350 grant applications may need to be canceled in certain circumstances. This article will guide you through the process of canceling your application and answer your questions.
1. Cancellation Through SASSA Website
Steps can be followed to cancel your application through the SRD website:
- Visit SASSA SRD’s website.
- Click on “How to Cancel My Application” to find out how to cancel.
- You can cancel online by clicking the yellow button labeled “Click Here to Cancel.”
- There are two boxes on another page where you must fill out the information.
- Your 13-digit barcoded ID number should be entered in the first box.
- If you applied for a grant using a mobile phone number, enter it in the second box.
- You can cancel your SASSA Relief Grant application in several ways by clicking the “Send Pin” button below.
- An OTP pin will be sent to your mobile phone. In the provided box, enter the pin.
- If you wish to cancel your application, click the “Cancel My Grant” button.
2. Cancellation Through WhatsApp
Follow these simple steps to cancel your SASSA relief grant application via WhatsApp:
- Please save SASSA’s WhatsApp number: 082 046 8553.
- You can cancel SASSA R350 grants by sending a message to this number.
- Select “Cancel My Application” from the menu.
- As requested, please provide your ID number and mobile phone number.
- Please confirm your cancellation.
3. Cancellation Through Helpline
You can cancel your SASSA relief grant application by calling the toll-free helpline:
- To reach SASSA’s USSD helpline, dial 0800 601 011.
- Your application can be canceled if you provide the necessary information as requested.
- You can cancel your relief grant application with SASSA’s approval.
4. Cancellation Through Email
SASSA relief grant applications can be canceled via email by following the steps below:
- To contact SASSA, send an email to [email protected].
- If you want your SRD grant canceled, write a clear email stating your request.
- If you have any other questions related to SASSA grants, you can also email us.
- SASSA will respond to your email once you send it.
Should I Cancel My SASSA SRD R350 Grant Application?
SASSA SRD grants should be canceled if you do not meet eligibility criteria but are still receiving payments. SASSA may file a fraud case against you if you continue to receive payments illegally. As soon as possible, you should cancel your application in order to avoid such consequences.
Your Relief Grant application should be canceled for the following reasons:
- Despite not meeting the grant eligibility criteria, you continue to receive payments. To avoid legal consequences, cancel your grant.
- Your income is high and you are able to meet your basic needs. You should cancel your grant if this is the case.
- There is a difference between your income and the threshold of R624. The SRD grant must be canceled in such a case.
- Payments are still being made to you even though you are under 18 years old. You are not eligible to apply for the Relief grant if you cancel your grant.
SASSA SRD grants are equivalent to stealing food from poor children when they are illegally received. It is therefore important to cancel your application if you are receiving payments but don’t meet the eligibility criteria. In any of the above cases, consider the deserving candidates who really need the grant and cancel your application.
How to Reapply for the SASSA SRD R350 Grant After Canceling?
You can still reapply for the SASSA SRD R350 grant even if you accidentally cancel your application. A simple and easy reapplication process has been developed by SASSA.
Reapply for SASSA SRD R350 grants by following these instructions:
- Visit the SRD SASSA official website
Go to srd.sassa.gov.za to access the official website.
- Find the “Reinstate My Canceled Application” Option
Scroll down the site until you locate the “Reinstate My Canceled Application” option.
- Select “Reinstate Online”
Click on “Reinstate Online” to proceed with the reapplication process.
- Input Your ID and Cell Phone Number
The same information you used to cancel your grant should be entered.
- Enter Your OTP Pin
Enter the OTP (One-Time Password) pin you receive in the box provided.
- Click the “Confirm” Button
Once you have entered your OTP pin, click the “Confirm” button to submit your application.
- Wait for Approval
You will receive your SRD grant payments again once SASSA’s representative team approves your application. The following information will help you reapply if your SASSA SRD application remains pending.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my SASSA R350 grant application online?
It is not possible to cancel your SASSA R350 grant application online. SASSA’s cancellation process must be initiated through their helpline or in person.
How long does it take to cancel a SASSA R350 grant application?
You can cancel a SASSA R350 grant application for a variety of reasons. SASSA’s processing efficiency depends on factors such as the volume of cancellation requests. You should contact SASSA for an estimate of how long it will take to process the request.
Can I reapply after canceling my application?
If you cancel your previous SASSA R350 grant application, you can reapply. In your new application, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and provide accurate information.
Is there any penalty for canceling my SASSA R350 grant application?
Canceling your SASSA R350 grant application will not result in any penalties. SASSA must be notified promptly to avoid any misunderstandings or complications.
SASSA R350 grant applications can be canceled in a straightforward manner. You can successfully cancel your application by contacting SASSA, providing the necessary information, and following their instructions. It is important to remember that canceling an application does not prevent you from reapplying if you meet the eligibility criteria in the future. Visit SASSA’s office or call their helpline for further assistance or information.