At the time of grant application, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) communicates with recipients through the provided contact number. If the contact details aren’t valid, the beneficiaries might miss out on important notifications if the information isn’t accurate.
In addition, you might need to update your phone number if you are no longer using it, otherwise you won’t know when to collect your grant. You can find out how Sassa changes the phone number you want here.
It is SASSA’s policy to communicate with you via phone and email regarding your sassa SRD status and the date and time of your payment. It is now necessary to change your phone number as soon as possible if your phone number has changed, or if you have lost your sim card.
Change Phone Number Using Application ID
- Visit SASSA’s website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/.
- In the bottom of the page, you will find an option that says, “How do I change my contact information.”
- You will see a yellow bar that says, “Click here to change your cell phone number.” Click on that bar to find another one.
- The next step is to enter your application ID. Then click Submit.
- You will then need to provide your contact information.
- You can add your own email address (if you have one).
- The reason for changing your contact information will be asked of you.
- A new OTP will be sent to the new phone number you entered via SMS.
- Tap “submit” after entering the OTP.
You will be notified of the upcoming details on the new provided contact when your phone number is successfully changed.
Change Phone Number Without Application ID
SASSA requires you to create an application ID if you don’t already have one.
- First of all you need to go to https://sassastatus-checks.co.za/.
- The option “Sassa Application Status” can be found by scrolling down.
- There will be a yellow bar that says “Click here to check online.” Tap on it.
- Submit your “ID number” after typing it.
- The next step is to add your “old phone number” on which your gtrant approved.
- Your Application ID will appear on the first line of the document.
- You can now change your contact number using your application ID.
- To change your contact with the application ID, follow the same steps as before.
Retrieving your Application ID for your SRD grant:
SASSA SRD keeps your Application ID (which you received when applying) on its website in case you lose it. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to recover your SASSA SRD Application ID:
1. Click here to check the status of your SASSA SRD grant.
2. Identify yourself by entering your ID number.
3. Provide your cell phone number used when applying for the grant.
4. The first line of the document will show your Application ID, which you should keep safe for future use.
Change Phone Number by Contacting SASSA Email Address
This is what you need to do if you want to change your SASSA contact number other than through the website. Send them an email at their official email address “[email protected]”. It is possible to contact them and tell them that you wish to change your phone number. Include the reason as well.
Contact the SASSA Call Centre
SASSA’s toll-free number, “0800 60 10 11”, can also be used to update your phone number without any inconvenience.
You can change your SASSA contact details using any of these methods. If you have any further problems, you may contact the agency and get your issues resolved.
Change Your Phone Number Via Website
The reasons for updating your contact details for the SASSA account can be different. You can follow the following guidelines to update your contact details for a SASSA grant.
- Visit the official website of SASSA.
- Scroll down to “How To Change My Contact Details?”
- A new screen appears on your device.
- Click on the yellow bar saying “Click Here To Change Contact Details.”
- Login to your account by entering your ID and application ID.
- Enter your email address and new phone number.
- Click “Submit”.
- Now, choose the reason for changing your phone number.
- Enter your One Time Pin sent to your phone number in the required field.
- Click “Submit” to update your phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my phone number via email or phone call?
For security reasons, Sassa only accepts contact information updates through their official website or by visiting their offices in person.
Is there a deadline for updating my phone number?
Your phone number should be updated on a regular basis, even though there is no specific deadline. To avoid missing crucial notifications, it’s best to do it as soon as possible.
Can I use someone else’s phone number for verification?
You must own the phone number you use for verification. It is important that Sassa communicates directly with the account holder.
Can I change my phone number after applying for a social grant?
Even after applying for a social grant, you can update your contact information.
Can I update other contact details online as well?
Through the online portal, you can update your email address and physical address.
Stay informed about your social grant status and other important updates by keeping your contact information up-to-date with Sassa. Online or offline, updating your phone number is straightforward and ensures you receive timely notifications. It is important to make these updates promptly to avoid any disruptions in your grant payments or services.