Have you entered the wrong banking details on your SASSA SRD grant application? Are you having trouble receiving monthly grants in your bank account? Well, the only way out is to change or update your banking details so the payments get delivered to you smoothly.
Here is a complete guide on updating the srd.sassa.gov.za banking details, status check, and payment dates. So, don’t waste more time, and let’s get in.
Submit Banking Details to SASSA
Are you a beneficiary of the SASSA SRD grant and want to submit the banking details so they can send you the money online? Here is a step-by-step guide for you to follow.
- Open the SRD website and navigate to the banking details section.
- The next step is to go to the Submit Your Banking Details section from the main menu.
- Then, enter the national ID card number in the search box and press Okay.
- You will receive an SMS after this with a link to your banking details.
- Open this link and enter the banking details by following the instructions on the page.
- Finally, press Confirm, and now, this is officially your banking details.
Change Your srd.sassa.gov.za Banking Details
There are multiple reasons why one would decide to change their banking details for SASSA SRD R350. The most common among these is not providing the correct details for the first time. It is completely valid as long as you are using the registered mobile number and bank account that is on your own number.
So, if you are planning to change the existing bank details for your SRD grant, it is required that you provide SASSA with updated details. And here is how you can do it.
- First, open the SASSA official website and navigate to the Banking details section.
- Next, go to the “How Do I Change My Banking Details” section and enter your official national ID number.
- After this, you will receive an SMS with the SASSA Banking Details Reset link.
- Open this link and follow the instructions to change the new banking details.
- Finally, confirm this, and congratulations, it is done.
Update Your SASSA Banking Details
After you have changed the banking details for your official SRD grant application, the next step is to verify the updated details. Unless it is not verified, the payments are not processed, and you are not eligible to receive the grant. Hence, it is required for you to give the correct information so that they can update the information within the due date.
- Go to the official SRD website and download the bank details form.
- Fill in the details online and submit it.
- The bank will contact you for verification after they have evaluated your application for changing the SASSA banking details.
- There is no specific time in which they will respond. That said, it usually takes around four days to a week.
- Next, you will receive a message on your registered mobile number.
- Use the link you have received to enable notifications. Follow the instructions written on the webpage.
- They will verify the details before the payment date for SRD R350 and will notify you at the same time.
- In case you haven’t got a response from them, call the SASSA official helpline number to know the status of your application.
Do consider that once the account is verified, all of the payments will be processed and distributed using the new account. The older account will be of no use at this point.
What to Do If the Banking Details are Approved But You Haven’t Received Any Payment?
If your account details have been verified successfully by the authorities at SASSA, there is no need to worry. It can happen sometimes that you do not receive any payment despite your account being approved, partly because SASSA has not yet processed payments for that month. So, all you can do is be patient and wait for some time.
If it has been more than one month since your account was verified and there is still no sign of you receiving the payment, do report it to the SASSA official helpline. They will resolve the issue of your payment. Mostly, it happens that your payments get transferred to someone else’s account (an old SRD grant beneficiary).
Things to Keep in Mind While Changing Banking Details for SASSA
Before you dive right into changing your banking details, it is important to fulfill some prerequisites. If you are confused as to what are the requirements for updating your banking details, here is a list of all of them. So, dive right in to know more.
- The first condition for this is to own a bank account that is registered on your national ID card. In case you have submitted the details that are in someone else’s name, SASSA won’t process your payments.
- The phone number you have provided for the application must be registered in your own name.
- In case you have made a mistake in entering the banking details, there is always an option to update them.
- People with no bank account can also opt for other payment options, including the post office, partner merchant stores, and so on.
- To check the SASSA payment date, it is important to check the status almost two to three times a month.
- For the most part, SASSA payment is processed through partnered merchants and banks. And these banks do not have specific payment dates for R350 grants. Hence, it becomes important for you to check with them two to three times each month.
- You can also apply for notifications through the official website. This will keep you notified about the dates of your grant.
- Mostly, the SRD R350 grant gets paid after the 10th and 12th of each month. That said, it is not official and can be changed based on your designated partnered merchant.
Can you change your existing banking details for the SASSA SRD grant?
Yes, you can change your existing banking details to new ones for SASSA SRD. All you need to do is apply for new banking details using the online SRD portal and ask the bank to verify it. After this, you can use the updated details to receive payments.
What is the payment date for the SASSA SRD R350 grant in 2023?
There is no specific date for SASSA to release payments. This is because banks are primarily responsible for distributing the payments among the beneficiaries once they are released by SASSA. That said, most monthly SRD grants are distributed after the 10th and 12th of each month.
Can I use someone else’s bank account to receive a SASSA grant?
No, you cannot use anyone’s bank account to receive the SRD grant from SASSA. This is because the grants are only processed on the beneficiary’s registered bank account. Otherwise, your payments won’t be processed, and you will not receive any money.
How do I put banking details on my SASSA R350?
Submitting the banking details to SASSA is pretty easy, and all you need to do is go to the official SRD website portal and navigate to the Banking Details section. Next, click the change banking details and fill in the information. The bank will verify these details, and after this, you will be able to receive all the grants in the newly updated bank account.
Sometimes, having someone else’s bank details or incorrect banking details can disrupt your SASSA SRD grant delivery. And it can be pretty frustrating if you don’t know how to update them. I hope, after reading this guide, you are able to change and verify your bank details.